Acne Treatment Products
Searching for the best acne treatment? Here are some suggestions by the expert:
- Without using prescription medication, the best acne treatment is to use benzoyl peroxide 5% gel to the involved areas at night and NeoStrata alpha hydroxyacid in the morning. Some people are allergic to benzoyl peroxide.
- Your dermatologist may prescribe antibiotics to put on the skin, or to take by mouth. Retin-A can also be used on the skin.
- An effective acne regimen is two combine Retin-A with glycolic acid peels every few weeks. This involves coming to the office every two weeks to have a weak acid applied to the face. The acid removes the surface material from the skin that causes pimples to form. The face is left red and irritated for a few days. Once your acne is under control, the glycolic acid peels only need to be done every three months or so. When you come in for a light peel, the esthetician can also remove any blackheads or whiteheads that are found.
- Beta hydroxyacid peels also are effective for treating acne.
- There are many different treatments for acne. Not all people respond to the same treatments. If the first treatment does not work, chances are the second ones will.